Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Paging Matt Lauer

Attention Matt Lauer, I made your favorite chicken dish. Have to admit this dish has become a favorite of mine as well. When I first heard the ingredients in this recipe, my initial reaction was Yuck!! I think it was the dried prunes that elicited the response. Once I tasted the dish, my reaction changed to YUM!! The sweet prunes nicely off set the vinegar and complimented the salty olives. This is one of those go-to dishes if you are having company for dinner. Just make sure to give it enough time to marinate.

 P.S. Matt I have leftovers in the fridge if you want to stop by.

I used the  Silver Palate's Recipe or you can try Matt's Recipe I don't think there is much difference in the two.

4 comments:

  1. hahaha, i have the hugest crush on matt lauer - i'll definitely have to make this chicken + hope he stops by to sample it. too funny! it doesn't hurt that the dish sounds absolutely delicious as well. thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy - Thanks for stopping by. I don't think Matt is going to show, which is ok because I'm sure the hubby will eat all the leftovers anyway;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Medjool dates are a lusciously sweet and tender variety of dates that have been revered for centuries for their rich flavor and numerous health benefits. These succulent fruits, often referred to as the king of dates, are packed with essential nutrients, including a wide range of vitamins and minerals such as potassium, magnesium, iron, and vitamin B6. Beyond their nutritional value, Medjool dates also offer a natural sweetness that makes them an excellent alternative to refined sugars in cooking and baking.

    ReplyDelete